A quick trip to Manila last week led me to a new restaurant at the Fort called The Wholesome Table. A concept by health advocate and author Bianca Elizalde, this restaurant serves “comfort food” with an organic twist.
The Wholesome Table aims to find healthier- sourced ingredients for their menu, allowing you pick any item without feeling a sense of guilt for what you’ve ordered.
Here is what I gathered from their Facebook Page:
- All our produce comes from organic sources
- We use meat from grass-fed cows that are raised without artificial hormones and antibiotics
- Our poultry and eggs are all free-range
- We source local products whenever possible
- We serve wild-caught seafood
- Except for our cheese, which comes from local and organic sources, we do not use any other processed ingredients
- You wont find high fructose corn syrup in any of our food and drinks
- We also avoid using refined sugar and trans fat.
- All our sauces and condiments are natural and made from scratch.
- We use healthier alternatives wherever we can.
Photos from my visit below…
With their motto “Eat Consciously, Live Consciously,” The Wholesome Table sheds light to educate more people about finding healthier alternatives from local suppliers (and understand better the production process), and not focus only on the final platter.
The Wholesome Table is located at 30th St Corner 7th Ave Bonifacio High Street Central, Taguig. For more info, check our their Facebok page over here.